Saturday 14 April 2012

Orange Ombre

I had a message back from a model I'd been wanting to use for about 2 years now, Rachel Heather, from model mayhem. She is absolutely stunning and model like. I have 2 shoots left to do for my magazine before I continue on my portfolio work.
I planned this shoot last week and wanted to create an orange/red based shoot, this is because of the survey I conducted I found that a lot of people wanted to know how to wear this trend. Obviously i didnt want to use just orange or red clothes so created an initial mood board to show the main colours of the shoot and then because i wanted to do a location shoot and wanted to contrast the bright colours with something a bit more dark. I then started looking at derelict buildings around Southampton such as warehouses, houses, hospitals and schools. I found The Mount hospital in Eastleigh that had been closed down in 2003 and has been abandoned ever since. I drove there on Friday the day before my shoot today to check what the conditions were like. Unfortunately, the whole hospital was cordoned off with fences and a sign that said it was illegal to trespass. It looked quite dangerous too so i thought it was best not to do the shoot there. I visited a few other places that i had researched but they all had been knocked down or renovated. So after discussing with my makeup artist, photographer and model we decided that the Southampton common cemetery would be a better suited location and therefore i would achieve the contrast of colours and themes I wanted.


 

The Mount Hospital


 The Southampton Cemetary
 

Colour palette inspiration

On Friday morning I shopping for my shoot and purchased a long orange dress with a split in the side which was exactly what I had in mind. The dip dye trend and ombre dying is extrememly in at the moment so I wanted to incorporate this into my shoot too and had decided to find a dress, like the one I bought and dip dye it in bleach. However, when it came to the dip dying, this particular fabric didn't have any dye in it, so instead i dip dyed some tights, socks and a t-shirt dress and was really impressed with the results! I'm going to add a tutorial for dip dying as well in the 3rd section of my magazine, which now i am planning on changing into a DIY section rather than beauty and nails. I will include mini tutorials on using chalk for dip dying hair, creating your own embellished collars  and nail tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment