Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter Break



For Easter, I had decided only to go home and relax for one week and work for the rest, however I planned a photo shoot in Eastbourne Park about an hour away from where i live and collaborated with a make u artists who had graduated from Solent and also a fashion photographer who is in her third year at Solent too.
Both of our shoots were based on the sports trend, so I had styled the outfits for the photographers piece. She is also creating a magazine but based on Sports and lifestyle. My shoot was more of a high fashion based style. Luckily on the day it was meant to rain heavily in the afternoon, but we had clear skies and sunshine all day which made it so much easier with the lighting. However we did use a reflector in most of the shots to gain a more dramatic look, but found out the images seemed a little washed out on screen, but could easily be fixed on Photoshop. Unfortunately I couldn't open the RAW files on my laptop, and my trial for the new In Design had run out which meant I couldn't really do any work whilst i was at home. So i decided to sort out my nail blog, I photographed a lot more tutorials for my magazine and blog and also created two pages on the actual blog for nail inspiration and other nail fanatics on the Internet.

http://sannailfreak.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited Yellow Shoot



Logo and illustrations

I really like the galaxy print that has been really popular recently and so i wanted to incorporate that into the design of my logo. These two logos are designed for the front of my magazine as well as the nail blog. I created the galaxy background on Photoshop and used 3 colours that i thought would be eye catching and aesthetically pleasing to the eye and compliment the hipster and trendy approach to the zine.

I have also been drawing the illustrations I'd like to feature as decoration in my magazine and have drawn things that go with each chapter and editorial. Also I have an illustrator that I interviewed and is contributing to my magazine that is drawing on top of one of my editorials. I have given him a final deadline for this week as I need to edit the images and he is adding finishing touches to them. Hopefully I won't have to re shoot this particular one, but its getting quite tight for time! Once that has been given to me I still need a few images of their favourite work, and then add it to the magazine. 
 

I tried to upload these particular images onto my blog for the title but unfortunately on Blogger, you can only have a banner on certain templates and because for my blog I wanted tabs on the side of the page in order for easy browsing access, this template wouldn't let me put the banner on. If I were to change the template of the website, it means that I would have had to change the whole site and start from scratch. Blogger is quite a temperamental website creator if you are not as experienced as some, or pay for more memory. I will see if this design works, but if I feel that it doesnt work I will have to start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment